Okay, so seriously – it’s 3:44 a.m. here.
This is going to make no sense – but I had an epiphany.
I have found THE PATTERN.
1. Someone says or does something somewhat uncool.
2. Feminist points out it’s uncool.
3. Someone over-reacts to criticism; becomes defensive.
4. Feminist points out that the reaction was uncalled for.
5. Someone accuses feminists of being meanie pants demagogues and just like [some historical figure that killed a lot of people].
6. Feminist becomes irate.
7. Someone accuses feminists of over-blowing the seriousness of that uncool thing that they said was “uncool”.
8. Feminist becomes frustrated and disengages from the conversation.
9. Someone accuses feminists of not being able to take criticism.
For a longer, more coherent version, go here.